Mthwazi 8 Bed Lodge
Mtwazi Lodge is close to the renowned Hilltop Camp in the Hluhluwe Game Reserve, and boasts a magnificent setting under a large sycamore fig within its own secluded bushveld garden. This eight-bedded lodge, once the original home of the warden of the reserve, features memorabilia from the rich history of the Hluhluwe Game Reserve.
The accommodation comprises three bedrooms each with its own private bathroom and an annex bedroom with its own shower and toilet. A sumptuous lounge and dining area lead out onto a large flagstone veranda, and from there into a magnificent tropical garden shaded by a gloriously spreading tree. The Game Reserve itself is Africa's oldest and lies in the heart of the Zulu Kingdom, where ancient trails lead through the thornveld and along the mighty rivers of what was once the exclusive hunting ground of King Shaka. Here close encounters with wildlife on foot or in a vehicle are the order of the day. Mtwazi is a self-catering facility which is serviced once a day. The services of a cook are provided. Visitors also have the option of eating in the camp restaurant.
- 3 Bedrooms with 2 single beds in each room with private bathroom
- 1 annex bedroom with 2 single beds and its own toilet, shower and wash hand basin
- Linen and bath towels
- Fully equipped kitchen with stove and micro-wave oven
- Fridge and kettle
- Basic cutlery and crockery
- Lounge/dining areaTelevision with DSTV
- Outside Barbecue / Braai
- There is a cook in attendance to assist with the preparation of food that guests supply
Hilltop Camp Facilities
- Swimming Pool